Pair this light and refreshing salad with our Edamame Ginger Thai Dressing to add bright, tangy flavours with a touch of sweetness.
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Large container of baby spinach
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 bag matchstick carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds (skins on)
- 1 bag snap peas, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jar or can of mandarin oranges, drained
Optional ingredients - For extra colour and complex carbohydrates, add the following:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- Place baby spinach in a large salad bowl. Arrange the ingredients a top the baby spinach and then toss prior to serving, if desired.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!