You’ll feel like you’re dining out at a restaurant with this delicious tomato bisque. The peanut butter adds an extra layer of flavour and creaminess.
Total prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup White onion, finely chopped
- Red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced or pureed
- ¼ cup Rice, uncooked
- 1 L Vegetable broth, low sodium
- 5 Fresh medium tomatoes, chopped
- Pinch Chili flakes
- 125 mL peanut butter, all natural
- Pinch thyme, fresh or dried
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until soft in a medium saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30-minutes. Lightly blend with blender, hand blender, or potato masher.
- This soup pairs well with a slice of hearty whole grain bread and a few slices of hard cheese for a balanced meal. It freezes well if you’d like to make a large batch ahead.
- Optional toppings include fresh cilantro, sour cream, and chopped peanuts.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!