Not your ordinary cheese and apple combo! Kick it up a notch with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 large apples (the rounder the better!)
- Sharp white cheddar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Slice ¼ “ round off the sides of each apple (if done ahead, brush lightly with lemon juice to keep from browning).
- Cut cheese into ¼” thick squares (can be done the day before).
- Arrange the apple rounds on a platter and place one cheese slice on top of each.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with black pepper over all.
Hint: If you enjoy a glass of red wine, Cabernet pairs well with this snack!
Recipe inspired by Cindy Bekkedam, RD
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!