We're not about low-carb at Craving Health but do believe it's important to be smart about your carbs. Sometimes this means opting out of a bun (so you can have the fries..lol!) and having lettuce in replace of your typical burger bun. Paired with a simple "Tzatziki" sauce, it's perfectly light for summer.
Craving more ways to be carb smart and rev up the veggies? Check out this blog post.
Total prep time: 25 minutes
- Store-bought ground turkey patty (well-cooked in canola oil)
- Boston lettuce (to replace bun)
- Red onion ring
- Cucumber slices
- Sliced tomato
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Thaw and cook turkey burger until cooked through.
- Prepare vegetables as you like them!
- Combine dill and lemon juice with Greek yogurt. Mix well.
- Instead of using a bun, use lettuce as a wrap.
- Top with your favourite condiments and enjoy!
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!