All things good come from the Mediterranean, wouldn't you agree?? This salad is loaded with plant-based protein, healthy fats and a TON of flavour.
Total prep time: 25 minutes
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 oz can white kidney (canelli) beans
- 1 small carton cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts (canned), chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- (optional) handful of kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Zatar (PC Black Label) spice blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and beans.
- Prepare all vegetables.
- Combine chickpeas, beans, chopped vegetables, artichoke hearts, feta cheese and basil in a large bowl. Add olives if desired. Mix well.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together well and pour over salad. Toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and serve.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!