The more colour, the better, we say! This summer salad has it all -- sweet, juicy fruit, tender edamame beans, crunchy veggies. It's also chock-full of vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre.
Total prep time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 purple cabbage (chopped)
- 2 baby cucumbers, diced
- 2 cups of shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 cup of matchstick carrots
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted and salted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
Did you know?
Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of magnesium needed for hundreds of essential body functions and...edamame beans are simply an immature soybean!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
Did you know?
Tahini is a paste made from finely ground sesame seeds!
- Prepare all the ingredients as noted and combine well in a large serving bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together well and pour over salad. Toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and serve.
Pairs great with fish tacos or veggie burgers for your next summer BBQ.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!