Roasted Chickpea and Mediterranean Veggie
- Tomato sauce
- Provolone cheese
- Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- Marinated peppers/ fresh peppers
- Portobello mushroom
- Tomato sauce or pesto
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg plant
- Roasted red peppers (drained and patted dry)
- sundried tomatoes packed in oil (drained)
- artichoke hearts packed in oil (drained)
- assorted veggies thinly sliced/ chopped into small pieces
Other Ingredients to Consider:
- left over chicken or ham
- beans: romano, chickpeas or white kidney beans work best
- baby spinach
- goat cheese
- asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to the temperature indicated on the premade pizza crusts, if not indicated default to 450 degrees F.
- Spread ¼ cup of sauce or pesto evenly over the pizza crust, add cheese of choice.
- Distribute desired pizza toppings evenly other the pizza crust.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Tip: don’t over load toppings and be sure to thinly slice the veggies you are adding. This will avoid overpowering the pizza with one flavor and allow the veggies to cook through while preventing a soggy crust.