This colourful salad is loaded with antioxidants, fiber and protein…and healthy fats courtesy of the avocado!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 6-8 Coloured cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup Coloured baby carrots, sliced or julienne
- 1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Corn (or frozen, thawed)
- ½ White onion, diced
- 1 Red pepper, sliced or julienne
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- Mix all ingredients together. To make a large salad, you can use a large container and layer the toppings (so base of greens, then add toppings, then another layer of greens, etc.).
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!