- 1 package Freekeh (green wheat)
- 1/3 cup each Fresh parsley and mint
- 3 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Red onion, finely diced
- 1 canChickpeas, drained and rinse
- To taste Salt & pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/3 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- PC Za-Atar spice blend
- Cook Freekeh according to package instructions. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same pot, heat a small amount of oil and add onions, chickpeas and Za-Atar. Sauté until tender and then transfer into same bowl with cooked freekeh.
- In a separate bowl, combine chopped herbs and celery.
- In another small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Toss dressing with herb & celery mix and then combine with freekeh/chickpea mix. Mix thoroughly and add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper, as desired. Enjoy!