This salad combines hearty whole grains with plenty of greens. Topped off with creamy goat's cheese and pecans...it's sure to satisfy!
- 2 cups cooked barley (Quinoa and wild rice would also be good options to make it gluten-free!)
- 2 cups roasted vegetables (Or use 1 cup of butternut squash and 1 cup candy cane beets to switch it up)
- 2 cups arugula, or other leafy green
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup goat’s cheese
- 1 recipe of maple balsamic dressing (see below)
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Shake all ingredients together and use immediately.
- Mix the vegetables, grain, and dressing together. Keep the pecans and cheese on the side and add right before eating to ensure a good texture.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.