Recipe makes about 30 bites
- 1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, unroasted, unsalted (grinded)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, unroasted, unsalted (grinded)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana, approx. 1 whole
- 1 can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple butter
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (not hot)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
1. Place lentil and banana in a large bowl and mash together. Add grinded seeds (use coffee grinder), honey, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and apple butter.
*Alternatively, you may place all ingredients (included whole seeds) into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut flour until well combined.
3. Refrigerate batter for 15-20 minutes to make it more solid and easy to roll.
4. Once adequately chilled, roll into bite-size balls (about 1 tbsp each of batter). Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for quick and easy snacks through the week. You can also freeze them.
Recipe Inspired by www.cookspiration.com
For more quick and simple (yet always nutritious and delicious) recipe ideas, like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram!