- 4 eggs
- ½ a medium/large avocado
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. grainy dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 4 eggs in a pot, with cold water, covering eggs by at least 1 inch, bring to a rolling boil, uncovered. Once boiling, keep pot on the burner, but turn the heat off, and cover the pot with a lid. Set a timer for 12 minutes. Once the timer goes off, gently drain the hot water and run eggs under cold water, to stop cooking process and cool them down.
- Let the eggs sit in cold water for 10-15 minutes, then peel off the shell.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, or other non-serrated knife, slice the eggs in half, and carefully scoop out the yolk with a small spoon, into a medium sized bowl.
- Using a fork, gently mash the yolks, add avocado, and lime juice, mix until smooth.
- Add in chopped cilantro and chopped chives, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- If you have a piping bag and a star piping tip, use this to pipe filling into the egg halves. If not, you can either spoon the filling in, or fill a plastic ziploc bag with the filling, and snip off the end, and pipe in.
Recipe development and photography courtesy of Tamara Saslove, BASc, culinary student extraordinaire, and RD in the making.
For more quick and simple (yet always nutritious and delicious) recipe ideas, like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram!