This chocolate pie is to-die for! Your guests would never know that the protein content is much higher than your typical cream- or egg-based pie because of the secret ingredient…silken tofu! Added bonus: a creamy, chocolate-y pie with less fat.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup vegan butter (or solid coconut oil)
- 2 x 300 g packages of silken tofu
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 12 oz melted semi sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- ½ cup chocolate almond milk
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup thawed or fresh cherries
- 1 greased pie plate or spring-form pan
- food processor
- Crust: Mix flour and graham crumbs in a medium bowl. With a pastry knife or large fork, cut butter or coconut oil into mixture until oatmeal-like texture achieved. Press down evenly into a greased pie plate or spring-form pan.
- Filling: Thoroughly mix all ingredients except for flour, graham crumbs, butter and cherries. Spread filling mixture over crust.
- Chill in the fridge for 12-24 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh or thawed cherries!
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!