This recipe is absolutely delicious and a great compliment to any Thanksgiving feast! It offers a Canadian twist to this classic glazed carrot dish by using maple syrup instead of granulated white sugar. You might want to double, or even triple the recipe…it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Serves 4 Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack of baby carrots (~454g)
- 2. 5 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/8 cup butter
- 30 ml water (for glaze)
- Salt, to taste
1. Cut any large baby carrots in half lengthwise so they are all relatively uniform in size.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and add in baby carrots and a pinch of salt, if desired. Mix with wooden spoon and cover with lid for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Turn heat on low and add maple syrup, stir to coat – after about 1 minute add 30 ml water, mix again and cook for 1 minute with lid off.
4. Keeping heat on low, cover with lid for about 10 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.