If you are craving a sweet treat (and who doesn't love pie?!) you'll love this apple pie-inspired smoothie. It gets its green colour from spinach, but you would never know as it tastes just like pie. This healthy vegan shake will be your new favourite breakfast, snack or dessert!
Note: This post is not sponsored by Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
- 1 apple (peeled if preferred)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice if you prefer a less creamy shake)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cardamom
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar (omit if it's sweet enough for you)
- Hemp hearts to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
- Enjoy immediately. You could top your smoothie with hemp hearts for some added healthy fats if preferred.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.