These delicious granola based tarts may seem indulgent yet they are simple to make while brimming with more than just yogurt and fruit - they're also chock-full of nutrients like fibre and omega-3 healthy fats.
Makes 8 tarts.
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or other nut)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Coconut yogurt (or any preferred flavor can be used)
- Fresh chopped fruits from Chile – grapes, nectarines, peaches, plums
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Coat large muffin or tart tins with butter or coconut oil.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Melt coconut oil and pure over dry ingredients and do the same with the maple syrup and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture equally over 8 muffin or tart tins ensuring the granola mixture is molded to ensure space to hold filling.
- Lower heat to 325 and bake granola filled tins for 15-20 minutes. Be sure not to over bake to avoid crust becoming too hard. Remove from heat once lightly golden and let cool a minimum of 1-hour. They can be made the night before and cooled overnight for brunch the next day. Once cooled, carefully remove with a spatula to avoid crumbling.
- When ready to fill, spoon a generous dollop of yogurt into each tart. Finish your creation by generously layering your fresh fruit atop the yogurt. Serve each tart with additional fresh fruit.