Makes 3 Servings
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
Optional: Coconut Cream
- 1/2 can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Garnish with dark chocolate chunks and extra raspberries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and cocoa powder, until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator, covered for 2 hours, or overnight. Stir occasionally for the first 30 minutes.
If making cream coconut cream topping, include this step:
remove coconut milk from fridge and turn cap upside down before opening, pour out liquid (you will not need it for this recipe). In a medium bowl, with electric beaters, beat the coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla, until fluffy.
3. Layer chia pudding and thawed raspberries, top with coconut cream, add garnishes.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Tamara Saslove BASc, culinary student extraordinaire, and RD in the making.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.