Whip up a batch of these bite-size treats to keep in your fridge for a quick and satisfying grab-and-go snack.
- 3 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup Your favourite granola
- 1/3 cup flaxseed (ground)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp (each) nutmeg, allspice, and cardamom
- 1 cup Almond butter, crunchy
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup *Dates, soften and pureed (see note below)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried apple, finely diced
- ½ fresh lemon (just the juice)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir, then use hands to combine. Roll into approximately 1 tbsp balls with your hands. Slightly wetting hands will help keep the dough from sticking.
- Grab and go!
- Optional: roll balls in combo of ground almonds and graham cracker crumbs.
*To soften and puree dates, let them sit in a bowl of hot water for about 20-minutes. Then drain water and mash dates with fork or potato masher.
Dietitian Tip: Make a full batch of these and keep in the freezer. Bring 2 or 3 for a quick snack on the go for after a workout, hours of running errands or a long car-ride.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.