If you are on the hunt for a nutritious and delicious, sooth the soul type dish, look no further. White Chicken Chili is a perfect match for leftover chicken and your slow cooker on a cool Fall day. It also freezes well so you can make a large batch and store in individual containers for quick & easy meals for weeks to come.
- 1 (540 ml) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (540 ml) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (540 ml) can lupini, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cooking onion, diced
- 1 (127 ml) can chopped green chilis
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 tsp minced jarred garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 breasts cooked whole chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 3/4 cup corn, frozen
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Add the vegetable oil to a sauté pan and heat it over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and green pepper and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute more. Add the cumin, coriander and chili powder and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute more to toast the spices.
3. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the chicken stock, beans and salt.
4. Stir in the shredded chicken, corn, cilantro, and lime juice.
5. Turn on low and allow to cook for about 4 hours.
6. Serve the chili in individual bowls. Garnish with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and squeeze fresh lime on top.