These pancakes are high in protein and fibre to help you feel satisfied with stable energy throughout the morning.
Makes one serving
Prep time: 5-10 minutes (you can save time by making a batch of the dry ingredients and storing in an individual container so it’s ready to go whenever you are!)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dry oats
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (or whole grain pancake mix)
- 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seed
- A few tbsp milk
- ¼ cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients. Then, add just enough milk so that batter is wet but still quite thick.
- Melt 1 tsp non-hydrogenated margarine or butter in a pan. Add batter (makes 1 very large pancake or several small ones). Cook on low-medium heat until top of pancake(s) start to bubble and flip till cooked evenly.
- Serve with a bit of maple syrup and/or plain/vanilla yogurt on top.