Who says salads are boring?!
To be honest, though, when you hear salad you probably think of ice berg lettuce and a few veggies. Hey, nothing wrong with that especially if it’s a convenient way to eat your veggies, but it can become a little boring, am I right?!
So why not shake things up a little bit? Salads are a great vehicle to get more plant-based foods in your diet, so I thought I’d call on my dietitian colleagues to share their favourite salads, sans lettuce!
Here are their favourites!
1. Rainbow Quinoa Salad by Jodi Robinson
2. Mango Coconut Summer Salad by Jodi Robinson
3. Mediterranean Bean Salad by Jodi Robinson
4. Summer Strawberry Salad with Chicken & Honey Lime Dressing by Sarah Schlichter
5. Bean and Barley Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing by Jill Weisenberger
6. Farro Salad with Strawberries & Spinach by Peggy Korody
7. Watermelon Cucumber Salad by Kristina LaRue
8. Moroccan Carrot & Chickpea Salad by Tara Rochford
9. Scallops with Corn, Tomato and Basil Salad by Jenny Shea Rawn
10. Wild Rice and Bean Salad by Nicole Stevens
11. Citrus Quinoa Salad with Prunes by Amy Gorin
12. Lemony Kale Pasta Salad with Pistachio Nuts by E.A. Stewart
13. Cool Mint Cauliflower Salad by Sharon Palmer
14. Roasted Potato and Broccoli Salad by Ashley Munro
WHAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE?
Salads do NOT have to be boring! Spruce up your salad routine with these crave-worthy sides (or make it your main).