- 1 whole seedless watermelon
- 1 tub of cool whip whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted berries and fruit for decorating. Kiwi, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries cut lengthwise make for a nice presentation
- Sliced almonds or shredded coconut (optional)
- Cut a 2 inch thick slice from the bottom of both ends of the watermelon. Stand the watermelon upright on the cutting board. Starting at the top of the melon carefully cut between the rind and fruit all around the watermelon. Discard the rind.
- Pat melon dry with paper towel. Transfer the melon onto a platter and frost with “frosting” of choice.
- Decorate with selected sliced fruit and optional toppings. Enjoy!
Tip: greek yogurt, homemade whipped cream or coconut whip cream for a vegan option make excellent “frosting” alternatives to cool whip