- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 package (12 oz/340 g) Mexican-flavoured vegetarian ground round
- 1 large (28 oz) can tomatoes, diced
- 1, 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Harissa seasoning - PC Black label preferred (or to taste)
- Shredded cheese (to top)
- In a large pot, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add garlic, green pepper, and onion and sauce until tender (5 minutes).
- Add in ground round, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon to evenly disperse it and prevent clumps. Stir with veggie mix for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly heated.
- Add canned tomatoes, beans, grated carrot, parsley, and Harissa and stir until well combined.
- Allow chili to simmer on low to medium heat for 10-15 minutes to allow flavours to combine and to achieve an even temperature.
- Spoon chili into serving bowls with a ladle. Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
Options: Top with chunks of avocado, sour cream, salsa, and/or tortilla chips. Another idea is to top salad over a mixed green salad for an extra veggie kick.
Tip: This recipes freezes really well so make a large batch and portion out lunch-size servings. Keep in freezer for keep grab-and-go lunches during a busy work week.
For more quick and simple (yet always nutritious and delicious) recipe ideas, like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram!