Tikka Masala is a traditional blend of spices used in Indian cooking. It typically involves chicken in a creamy spiced tomato-based sauce. However, our version offers a nice twist using white fish and chickpeas for some plant-based protein power!
Total prep time: 10-15 minutes
- 400g (or 4 fillets) of fresh or frozen white fish (e.g. cod, haddock, tilapia)
- 1 small can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (can also use fresh or frozen - about 1 cup)
- 1-15 oz jar of Tikka Masala sauce (*you can also add a pouch for two if you’d like to increase the ingredients to serve more people or have leftovers)
- 3 cups or more fresh leafy greens (e.g. spinach, kale)
- 1 lemon
- Garlic powder, curry powder, white pepper, harissa seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Heat oil in large frying pan
- Sprinkle thawed fish with seasoning until evenly coated
- Add thawed fish to heated pan and cook thoroughly, breaking fish apart as it cooks
- Once fish is cooked, add Tikka Masala sauce, chickpeas and stir thoroughly
- Add leafy green veggies to sauce and mix well (it will look like you’re adding a lot of greens but they will quickly reduce in size)
- Once greens are reduced, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the simmer sauce and get ready to enjoy!
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa and create a healthy, balanced meal by adding a side salad or raw veggies
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.