Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8th of the frittata)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium pan, heat oil over medium heat, and sauté onion until fragrant and lightly browned, add in mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté until soft.
- Grease a springform pan, or other oven safe pan with oil of choice. Place greased pan on top of parchment paper lined baking sheet, in case of egg leakage.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt, water, Dijon and spices, and add in half of the grated cheese, set aside
- Put onion, garlic and mushrooms into pre-greased pan and place chopped veggies on top, cover with egg mixture, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until egg is cooked through.
Recipe development and photography courtesy of Tamara Saslove, BASc, culinary student extraordinaire, and RD in the making.
For more quick and simple (yet always nutritious and delicious) recipe ideas, like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram!