This quick-fix meal is perfect for busy nights and takes less than 20-minutes to prepare. Shrimp boast an excellent source of protein.
- 1 lb bag frozen shrimp
- 1/2 cup of your favourite pesto (e.g. basil)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (fresh or jarred)
- 2 wedges fresh lemon
For a balanced meal, add:
- 1/4 plate cooked whole grain pasta
- Half a plate of salad or other veggies
- Rinse shrimp and remove tails. (Quick tip: Use pre-cooked shrimp to make this dish even faster!)
- In a medium skillet, combine shrimp, pesto, and garlic. Sautee on medium heat stirring often until shrimp are cooked through.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the shrimp and toss thoroughly.
- Pair with pasta (or other whole grain) and veggies. Enjoy!
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.