Bring out your creative side by making this platter for your next patio party! Your guests will love it.
- Pineapple (canned or fresh), diced or cubed + 5 cored round slices (for ears and feet)
- 1 large container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 large container fresh blueberries
- Green grapes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Large flat tray or platter
- 2 small ash trays or condiments containers (dark colour)
- Wash & prepare fruits into needed shapes.
A few notes:
- Eyes: Prepare the yogurt dip for the eyes. Stir about 2 tbsp of maple syrup into 1 cup of yogurt and divide yogurt mix evenly between your containers reserved for eyes. Place one large blueberry in the middle of each (on top of the yogurt).
- Place the eyes on your platter first and then begin to arrange the Owl working around the eyes as follows:
- Arrange blueberries around the eye container.
- Tuck in half a rounded pineapple slice around the blueberries and then add grapes on top of the pineapple (see picture for details)
- Ears: Add slices of strawberries for the ears
- Once the head is arranged, begin to arrange the body. Start with the pineapple slices to create the owl’s abdomen. Finish by layering two full rounded slices of pineapple at the base of the abdomen.
- Toes: Reserve 2 large strawberries for the toes by cutting them in half and then creating two slits to mimic toes.
- Wings: Lastly, create the wings with your sliced strawberries aiming to create a rounded wing shape.
- To complete your Owl creation, add a sliced strawberry as a nose.
- With your remaining fruit, create a simple fruit salad to pair with any remaining maple yogurt dip.
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
Don't forget to join our Craving Healthy Habits online community for more crave-worthy recipes. Besides being a place to share and reflect about your healthy lifestyle journey, we also host contests and challenges to keep you motivated and having fun. We’d love to have you!