- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds (can substitute with walnuts or pecans)
- 1 bag matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries + ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp orange juice (or juice from one fresh orange)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Zest and juice from one lemon
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to salad, coating evenly. Toss in almonds and serve.
For more quick and simple (yet always nutritious and delicious) recipe ideas, like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram!