These fingerling potatoes are a quick and easy side dish that require very little prep, so that means more time to spend mingling instead of in the kitchen. They taste great, and are a nice alternative to mashed potatoes for your Easter, or other holiday, dinner. They can also be made lactose-intolerant friendly by using lactose free yogurt.
Serving Size: ~6 fingerling potatoes and 2 tbsp. savoury yogurt sauce
- 1 bag of fingerling potatoes (680 g)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ bunch chives, chopped finely
· Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
· Wash and dry fingerling potatoes
· Using a sharp paring knife, make small cuts in the potatoes, going only about ¾ of the way into the potato, to ensure they remain intact
· Place on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle 3 tbsp. of olive oil over the potatoes, and ½ tsp pepper. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until golden and tender
· While the potatoes are baking, chop the chives and set aside.
· In a squeeze bottle, or a bowl, combine the yogurt, remaining olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix together.
· Once the potatoes are cooked through, place on a plate or platter, drizzle the savoury yogurt overtop and sprinkle with chives!
Recipe development and photography courtesy of Tamara Saslove, BASc, culinary student extraordinaire, and RD in the making.