These muffins are a terrific option to make on the weekend and then have them ready-to-go during a busy week. For a balanced breakfast, combine with a yogurt and fruit.
Makes 12 regular muffins, or 24 mini muffins
- 1/3 cup butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large chopped apple, peeled
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ rolled oats
- ¼ cup seed mix (ground flax, chia, hemp)
- 1 tsp each: cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter or non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour + 1 tbsp seed mixt
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- ¼ chopped pecans (or other nut)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
1. Using an electric hand mixer, combine all wet ingredients together to create a smooth consistency.
2. Next, combine all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until well done.
4. Spoon into muffin tins.
5. Combine all topping ingredients and evenly spread on each muffin.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes for large muffins and 15 minutes for mini muffins.
Click here for a pdf printable version of this recipe.